Thursday, May 29, 2008

Machida

Yesterday I sadly had to say goodbye to my host parents when leaving Saitama. They were pretty much amazing and incredibly nice to me just like 3 years ago when I was here. On Wednesday, they took time out of their entire day to take me on a two hour excursion out into what seemed like in the mountains. First was the Tomihiro Art Museum, and then they took me to see Tokugawa Ieyasu`s grave which was DAMN breathtaking!! After a long and tiring day, they still made an amazing Ramen dinner. There was also a pre-dinner that consisted of sashimi, potato salad, cucumbers with miso dip, and Kodabashi beer and Sake (yes they were getting me tipsy before dinner). If you`re not salivating yet, you will when I post pictures later!
On a different note, I relocated to Machida on Thursday and finally go to meet with Yuki, my host brother! It was so awesome to see him, and I`m currently crashing at his apartment near Machida. He took me shopping, spent lots of money, and then cooked dinner for the two of us. Today I`ll be going with him to class at Obirin University and then have dinner with him and his girlfriend. Pictures later.. Yuki`s computer is a bit on the slower side.

1 comment:

Angela | 温馨 said...

sounds cool so far! i'm living it up in my ghetto ass place at the moment, which i'm sure is far inferior to wherever you're staying. :) love the pictures!